• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Jini Patel Thompson's Treatment=Godsend

*I get to the treatment after a little background of my disease :)

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum but my family has been pushing me to share my story with other Crohn's sufferers and IBS patients. I am currently a senior in highschool(age 17). I know! Exciting right, well earlier in the school year something strange happened that I had never experienced before. I was getting accustomed to taking Aleve for my headaches, which is a bad idea to start off with, and it worked fine for me. All of the sudden I wake up one day with the feeling of isolated pain in my lower stomach. I also had a very unpleasent sensation in my throat every time I would swallow. Accompanied with this was heightened Crohn's symptoms which made making it through school accident free impossible. I couldn't take it anymore so I had to start my schools Cyber program, which I'm not complaining I really like waking up whenever every day! Well this proved to be a very good descision and helped me get the rest I needed to start to heal up again but low and behold I have no self control. I was sitting home waiting for my parents to leave and then I would sneak up to our local rutters and buy popcorn and cheetos. I'm sure all of my fellow Crohn's and IBS suffers know how hard it is to stick to a restrictive diet! I continued this for a little while and I was so happy that I was getting to eat junk food and not having to worry about getting up and trying to make it to school the next day. Around this time my wonderful mother had come across this woman who had written numerous books about her struggle with Crohn's and how she has managed to stay symptom and drug free for over 20 years! I pretty much poo pooed this idea but my mom bought the book anyways.
Sidenote*Throughout my entire disease my parents have tried coaxing my into trying new supplements and natural treatments but I could never stick to them because I wasn't mentally ready yet...I hadn't hit rock bottom..
The book came and I was wrestling myself into taking her advice and going with the program but I kept eating crap everyday pretty much in denial about everything.
Note*I have had Crohn's for over 7 years

Then something hit me...
I can't continue like this...
I am about to become independent,live on my own, go to college, pay my own bills...
This HAS to change!

I made a conscious decision to stick to this thing and reap the benefits, I mean if it doesn't work they have a bigger and better drug right?...

I now really believe that if you have not hit your rock bottom you cannot push yourself through these protocols.Keep reading you'll see what I mean.

The name of this book is entitled "Listen to your Gut" by Jini Patel ThompsonThis book is about the size of Breaking Dawn, where are my twilight fans:ylol:.Well this book has amazing information in it from how to get rid of these symptoms to combating your disease in the long run all to become pretty much disease free.

The first step is to clear out your system of allergens and heal it with supplements that you put into shakes. You pretty much spend 6 weeks just drinking shakes and clear soups.
This was the hardest part!
I started this right around Thanksgiving so I could have no Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner. :eek:
Mrs.Thompson also recommends getting off any medication that is not working for you and medication that you can get off saftely.
Around the time I am completing the shake protocal I am trying to dose myself off of Entocort. Everything is going smoothly until about the week after when I am totally off of it.
I just go into the worst flare, the works, and all my symptoms come back from when I was taking Aleve.
I didn't connect the dots at first and I thought that the protocol was not working.
I got so frustrated and that is when I hit rock bottom.
I realized how much inflammation had been held back from so many years of drugs and emotional pain.
Realized that I needed to change my life completely so I didn't have to live like this anymore.
I didn't want to worry about what I ate all the time.
I wanted to get my dream job.
Live far away
The works!

I finally had the motivation to get through all of this!

Well my parents were not taking my symptoms to lightly, us Crohn's people like to hide our true symptoms from everyone around us!
They kept telling me that I could go back on Entocort or prendisone or go to the hospital. yadayadayada

I told them no, I was finally strong enough to accept that I can cure my own body and I didn't need medication to do it.

Weeks passed and my symptoms finally started to clear up.
I then started the second step
Now you start introducing foods in to see what food you have a bad reaction to.
Much like how we do for babies.
One can think of it as a reboot to the immune system
You also start a really good brand of probiotics that gives your system the kick it needs because of the only solid food you have had in 6 weeks or longer!

Note*I started introducing solid foods around the time I was still having the flare so I had to stick to the shakes for a little while longer.

When you start introducing solid foods you really appreciate it. You start with simple things like carrots and mushrooms and work your way to fish and poultry.

I have to say that this is the best I have felt throughout my whole disease. Those whole 7 years I have never felt better.
NOT EVEN ON PRENDISONE!

I now have new meaning to my life! I can go places without worrying about where the bathroom is! I have now accepted that my dreams can be realilty! No more being held down by sickness!
I CAN FINALLY LIVE!

I want to become a music producer and to do this I have had my eye on colleges in California. I would never be able to do this if I still relied on medication.

Funny story!: I went back to my gastro feeling wonderful.(This is the first time I have seen him after I have gone through the protocol)
I can pretty much tell in his face that he can't believe my story and that I am feeling this good off of medication,given my history.I then just saw him recently(3 months have gone past)still feeling incredible and I just cherish how much awe he has. He bumped me to now visit him every 6 months instead of 3!

Note*He has a daugher with Crohn's and my goal is to still feel good after the 6 months and make him want to ask me for the book so he can help his daugher!
I can't believe he hasn't asked me yet!

I hope you have gotten out of this that you can feel better and do whatever you want to in life! You just have to have the motivation and patience with you body! If you have not hit rock bottom yet or are still giving into the temptations of food please give yourself a little longer. We will all be ready one day!

I must share with you that I can't wait what the future will bring for me now that I have a new life. I can go through with my graduation without worry of the bathroom and I can go off to college knowing that I won't need any medication and I can live my life healthy and free. Please pass this story on to others you know with IBD or IBS so we can all start living how we are supposed to again!

I know I have a totally different attitude going through life and I thank God and all those around me who have given me the support I need to get through this. Most of all I must thank Jini Patel Thompson for giving me hope and a new life!

To get started type in Listen to Your Gut in your search engine!

Last edited: