• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A place to talk Support Group

I just read this because I haven't been around recently. but I wanted to say....GOOD FOR YOU !! I found my "inner bitch" this year and after doing so I felt so empowered and I became a better advocate for myself.

Sorry to all members for using the "b" word. 😳
Thank you it is pretty empowering my mom had pushed me to do it for years but I just couldn’t bring myself to I’m the kinda guy that it takes a ton to piss me off I think that comes from being sick since I was 10,almost dying a few times and having almost 2 dozen surgeries at this point and I like to turn the other cheek only problem is I ran out of cheeks but my mom passed about a year ago things changed with my health and I just reached my breaking point with subpar health care.Only issue I’ve had is the inconvenience of starting over with new doctors and having a bunch of tests for them.

I actually had 1 doctor play the victim card and try to blame me for her not getting back to me and the poor care she gave me I just walked out.

Lynda Lynda

Tubes, sorry you have had to go through all that. 🙁

Don't forget that you are worthy of love, respect, kindness and caring.
You are a good person and deserve the best. ❤

When I advocate for myself I try to have the proper body language and tone of voice. I stand tall. I look them in the eye, I don't look down. I have a confident and calm voice. 😊

This stuff works for even the littlest of things. I've used my skills at the grocery store and the drug store to make sure I got what I needed. I'm always astounded with the results. Geez, I have had store employees going back into their storage room to find what I need. 😄

I recently filed a grievance against my ( mental health ) clinic. Even though there was no disciplinary action taken, I felt good that I had spoken up and filed a valid grievance. The grievance people spoke with the clinic people. I was concerned about the level of care that was being given to me this year. Now I will continue to evaluate the situation to see if it improves into the new year.

I have had a disagreement with the FNP at my Gastroenterologist office. On Friday I called the office and gave the medical assistant a message to give directly to my Gastroenterologist about it. It was a valid concern of mine. I stated three facts in a very smart way. Now that I have said what I had to say, I will move on.

I have started to put down boundaries and my own rules regarding my family. It's not selfish to be assertive to meet my own needs. I am not being mean to my family, I am just setting up new rules and setting up healthy boundaries. I can hold my head up high with them and no longer let them disrespect, dismiss and patronize me. I am a grown woman who has worked hard her my life. I can't be a door-mat with them any longer. My family can't read my mind, so I have let them know what's going on. We will all continue to love each other.

Don't you give up !! I am sending you hugs and prayers. 🙏

Lynda

Thanks Lynda

I’m actually in a real good place mentally and I’ve only once had a real rough patch in 2012/2013ish where it was 20 straight years of constantly being sick from age 10 thru age 30 it just got to me and I got into a dark place where I got sick of relationship drama with girlfriends,I didn’t want to go to doctors appointments anymore cause it seemed pointless and nobody I knew had a clue because I was able to go on autopilot when I was around people.I was able to fix myself before it got too bad,I stopped dating because all it did was give me stress and made me miserable and I cut a lot of dead weight out of my life and I only have the people that actually care about me in my life and in the past 5 years it’s been the most stressfree my life has been.