• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice appreciated please

Hi everyone :). I'm new to this group. I was wondering if anyone could help me. Back in Dec/Jan I had severe diarrhoea. I couldn't eat a bite of food without running to the toilet several times, was going in my sleep and everything. I had a calprotectin test of more than 2300. I had this for about six weeks and my symptoms slowly improved and went. I had a colonoscopy which came back fine. I got my MRI results the other day which showed in my terminal ileum there was fluid inflammation and thickening of the wall. However that wasn't enough evidence

It wouldn't let me keep typing. There wasn't enough evidence to diagnose anything so I'm waiting for my pillcam results. When I had the colonocopy he got a bit into the terminal ileum and did a biopsy which came back clear. I'm so confused. Anyone had anything similar. Thanks

Welcome. I am not experienced but i would keep fighting until you can get some answers from the doctor. You know your body better than anyone else . Let us know how you are. Support and prayers sent your way.

Lynda Lynda

My calprotectin level recently was 694. Had the colonoscopy / endoscopy. I may have something similar to you ? Part of my results say "Additional Findings" : Unable to successfully cannulate terminal ileum; appeared to be an inflamed stricture; only able to see a small lumen. Mucosa not evaluated.

My blood draw results are not back yet. And my CT Scan is scheduled for April 21st.

My follow up appointment isn't until May 19 !

Sending you my support.:heart: