• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice Needed. Does anyone inject Humira once a month for Crohns Disease?

I am thinking of cutting down to once a month from twice a month so I can move to Canada on a youth visa, where I will not have health coverage but will have enough injections to last me a year (12 injections) if I inject once a month rather than twice a month. Is this recommended or will the biologic not work?

Usually, I would never consider this, but right now my Crohns is standing between me and living and working in Toronto, Canada for 2 years (my dream for around 5 years now). I'm feeling a little defeated at the prospect that I will have to fly back home to the UK every 5/6 months to retrieve more injections.

Does anyone else only administrate once a month? And if so, do you find it effective?

Any advice is welcome.

Scipio

I think it would be risky to lower your dose below what your doctor has recommended.

Would it be possible to have a family member collect your injections for you in the UK and ship them to you in Canada?