• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Alcohol & ASAs

I've been taking ASAs for about 3 months now on & off (long story short, I was allergic to one and had bad side effects to another). I've been taking Lialdia (or something, I forgot the name) for 2 weeks. I finally felt well enough to enjoy a glass of wine and had one last night with my husband.

I thought I would be buzzed or drunk by the end of the first glass, since I haven't had alcohol in about 2 months. I drank 3 glasses (I was planning on drinking one, then got curious to see if I would get a buzz from 2.... Nothing, so I drank 3...). I felt slightly buzzed by the end of the 3rd glass but nothing like I should be from 3 glasses of wine. Do ASAs decrease the absorption of alcohol in your body? (Just curious, I'm not going to go out and drink and drive or anything)