• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any luck with DGL?

I was diagnosed about 8 months ago with UC. I take the DGL after I eat and only when I feel sick-ish, as needed. It's really helped me and seems to work within minutes.

I guess I'm weird that way? Because everything I read suggests DGL is not effective for after meals.... but yet I find relief with it...

I can eat hardly any vegetables, especially greens, and I wanted to start experimenting with the DGL before eating small amounts of vegetables and see if I could avoid the pain in the first place. I really worry I'm lacking nutrients.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with DGL.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi sorry i havent even heard of it .. but im glad it seems to be helping you. I hope it continues to do so.
Hope some else can give you some input on it. Best wishes 💕

"deglycyrrhizinated licorice"

I've been taking it now pre-meal with tougher food and it seems to be helping. Steak went down fine, no pain afterward, typically I would get a minor upset.

I'm still too nervous to try it with greens. Thats been my biggest aggravator.