• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Arthritis???

I have been having some joint issues lately. I stand or walk for most of my work shift and some days I am fine, other days I am left with a lot of pain. What hurts most is my hips, knees and heels. I am just shy of 40, so I feel like arthritis isn’t out of the question however I don’t have any hot or inflamed joints.

I’m assuming my heel pain is plantar fasciitis. My hip and knee pain is a mystery to me. I just don’t know if it’s from over use or arthritis.

How did arthritis first manifest for you? How severe was the pain? How often? Where was the pain? What at home treatments or footwear helped you?

Not sure if I should bring it up at my next GI appt. (end of July) or schedule a separate appt.

My pain started in knees and has now spread to neck and back and is moving down to my feet, I have changed shoes and has been no help. Many days I just get so tired of gut and body pain I wonder why I keep fighting. but shortly after thinking that I see my wife and kids and grand kids, why I'm fighting them. My doctors have blamed 30 plus years of large dosages of Prednisone.

I too have been dealing with arthritic pain. It's in my hands/wrists and lower back. Strangely what gives my lower back ALLOT of relief is when I get up in the morning(believe me I have trouble getting out of bed) I go for about a 15 min walk in reverse. I started doing this about a year ago and after about 5 min into my reverse walk my back will start to feel much better. I have been referred to a rheumatologist. Because I also have psoriasis my doctor is fairly certain I have psoriatic arthritis. Sometimes my hands will feel cold and some of my knuckles are tight when I wake up and improve a little throughout the day. I have also started to notice that when I grip a bar real tight when weight lifting I get some pain in my hands/wrists/knuckles and as soon as I let go of the bar there is a brief moment when the pain increases then it substantially subsides. I too have been on quite allot of pred. throughout my life (crohn's for about 30 years). Right now I am in phase two of the Q biologic study. I am on no other drugs.