• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bladder control and Entocort

Just wondering if anyone had bladder control issues connected to Entocort?
My daughter was never a bed wetter but now there have been two incidents since starting the drug.

Maya142

Staff member
No issues here...poor kiddo. I agree, it's worth asking her GI if there's a connection.

Thanks to both of you for replying. It seemed like an odd connection. Probably a coincidence but there are strange happenings in bodies with Crohn's, so I will ask.

Maya142

Staff member
I think constipation can cause bladder issues. Is it possible that's an issue? Some kiddos have constipation with their Crohn's instead of diarrhea.

Prednisone made me pee like craaaaaaazy! It may be possible Entocort may be exerting a similar effect. I am on 9mgs of it, but the urinating hasnt been nearly as nuts as with Prednisone.

Prednisone and Entocort both made my bladder a lot more active than it was before, so maybe there is some connection with your daughter's problems - I remember getting out of bed to urinate every hour when I first started on the steroids.

Maya she leans towards constipation but things have been moving lately.

Sounds like a few of you did have bladder action so I will call it a possibility. She's two weeks in to her course.

Maya she leans towards constipation but things have been moving lately.

Sounds like a few of you did have bladder action so I will call it a possibility. She's two weeks in to her course.
Has she had surgery? I had some bladder issues after my resection.

Yup, yup, yup..... that's country talk for yes. Lol

Ok, so here's what we were told by her urologist.
50% of all kids with bladder problems have bowel problems. So it's not that uncommon.
Kids/ adults can fall into 2 categories
1- Bladder problems caused by nerve interruptions or
2- Bladder problems caused by nerve damage.

Constipation can cause both to happen most more than likely will only cause nerve interruptions.
Inflammation can cause both but if left unchecked will likely cause nerve damage.
Can you guess which is worse?
They thought Grace had never damage but thank God it went away when she started doing better.
If it persist she should go to the docs.
There is an over the counter drug ( forget the name) that can help.
Grace had to have perception to help.

I heard that steroids can cause issues as well.
During trips she used a pull up but for around the house she used panty liners.

Do you notice is she's leaking urine?
Meaning just little amounts?
We didn't know Grace was doing this until I found a pile of her underwear hidden.:eek:

Thank you for your response Farmwife!
My goodness, yes, she goes through several pair a day but I never notice much wetness. I figured weird 5 year old issue.
That has been going on for many months but the bedwetting was new-after starting Entocort.
I'm glad Farmgirl is feeling better! How long did her bladder problems persist?

Also panty liners were a Gos send for the little accidents. It's a lot easier for them to replace them then whole underwear and a lot less laundry for us.