• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

C-Diff hospitalized

I got antibiotics after getting two teeth pulled and it woke UP the C--Diff cells we all have to aggresiv propagate and take over inflaming my intestines. Went to ER on Sunjday with sever diarrhea that grew to green and got darker and darker until black. After the test came back, everybody including my father had put on plastic covering and surgical gloves, the same as everyone mow who enter my room.

Feeling better and likely will go home tomorrow. Just got off IV and eating solid food for dinner.

In the bathroom over 50 times in 2 days, IF YOU GET DIARRHEA AFTER STARTING AND ANTIBIOTIC, GET CHECKED OUT ASAP. IN JUST THREE IT TOOK OVER MY LIFE.

Last edited:
Cmack,
Thank you. I should be released tomorrow as long as I continue to improve. I ate eggs and cream of wheat, not finishing either. I exploded 30 minutes later. The nurse told me that is typical for the first solid meal.

The antibiotic I'm getting is working and I'm past the contagious period. I can't remember the name of it.

I ate a turkey sandwich and baked sweet potato. I forget to order the delicious homemade chicken noodle soup, which I had last time I was here. Everything seems to be going well. I'll get a popsicle in an hour once I know I'm not going to explode again.

The hospital is wonderful, great nurses and doctors and tasty food.

Home Again,
With great care from the hospital and the powerful antibiotic Vancomycin.

I went to my GP today as per discharge orders and keeping my word made with a Nurse. I thought that it was a waste of time. But keeping all my providers up to date. And of course double checking my health is a good thing.

Next week I see my GI where we will strategize how to keep C-Diff in check for my next dental procedure.

Keeping the blues away with my sweet dog, Charlie. She gives the unconditional love people could use more of.

Listening ito a great playlist to wind down, lots of beautiful memories, and knowing there are more to make.