• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

C section and crohns recurring

I gave birth almost 2 months ago. The pregnancy had bumps along the way, but wasn't entirely horrible. Since giving birth though I have been miserable with cramping, side pains (apendix is already gone in a bowel resection surgery), diarrhea, loss of appetite, and crankiness from the pain and discomfort. My first child was a c section as well but nowhere near this bad afterms he was born. Before this pregnancy however I had frequent issues with flare ups and pain related to my crohns.

Is this common? If so what can manage it? I don't have an appt for help for 3 more weeks but this is going to be unbearable if I have no help between now and then.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
It is not uncommon to flare after pregnancy, especially if you were not fully in remission during the pregnancy.

Are you currently on any medications? I ended up going from 6mp onto Remicade when my daughter was about 7 months old.