• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can you take ibuprofen with budesonide (Entocort)

Hi
Leaflet info says not to take ibuprofen with budesonide together, but at times when joint pain is to bad it is tempting.
Has any body got any experience of taking ibuprofen with budesonide at the same time?
Thanks

Hi
Leaflet info says not to take ibuprofen with budesonide together, but at times when joint pain is to bad it is tempting.
Has any body got any experience of taking ibuprofen with budesonide at the same time?
Thanks
I have been told that with ibd the only safe thing along that line is Tylenol. Anything else can cause bleeding.

Scipio

Agree with Ron. Due to risk of gut damage Crohn's patients probably shouldn't be taking ibuprofen whether they are also on budesonide or not.

i know that but sadly sometimes needs must, a tiny flare that causes me from say up to for tablets over 2 days is worse it, but new to budesonide and that is what i need to know, prednisone which i was on before was ok to take ibuprofen with, just need to know if there other reactions anybody has experienced, even growing horns lol:)

my little penguin

Staff member
If your joints are bad enough to cause pain
Then you need to see a rheumatologist
Crohns related arthritis (spondyloarthritis) is very real and needsjust as much treatment as Crohns
Arthritis is not treated by buseonide since that only helps the gut
Unlike regular pred which covers everything
Definitely see a rheumatologist and they can help reduce joint pain as well as prevent joint damage

There are nsaid -not ibuprofen which can be used with caution and tons of monitoring under the care of a rheumatologist and GI if Crohns is stable
But not something that can be done on your own