• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chickenpox, work, budesonide

Help me please!
I was diagnosed with LC on Friday and started taking Budesonide . I have just read the leaflet through again and the part where it says don’t come into contact with chickenpox.
I’m in a difficult situation. I teach in a preschool, last week I had two children off with chickenpox. I have never had chickenpox.
It has made me nervous that it says it can make you serious ill... anyone know what they mean by that!?
My employer has suggested I carry on as normal at work and if anyone else gets pox I can go to the doctor.
Does everyone think this will be ok?:sign0085:
Fliss x

Help me please!
I was diagnosed with LC on Friday and started taking Budesonide . I have just read the leaflet through again and the part where it says don’t come into contact with chickenpox.
I’m in a difficult situation. I teach in a preschool, last week I had two children off with chickenpox. I have never had chickenpox.
It has made me nervous that it says it can make you serious ill... anyone know what they mean by that!?
My employer has suggested I carry on as normal at work and if anyone else gets pox I can go to the doctor.
Does everyone think this will be ok?:sign0085:
Fliss x

Hi Fliss
I too read this today. I'm in school too. I'm going to mention it if I think on on Wednesday. If I remember to ask I'll let you know
Vicky x

Vicky don’t go in to work tomorrow!
I just phoned nhs 111 and they told me I can’t go back until I have a blood test and the results show I have anti bodies. The doctor said it can be really serious and can go to your brain and cause meningitis . Totally not worth the risk!
Fliss x

Vicky don’t go in to work tomorrow!
I just phoned nhs 111 and they told me I can’t go back until I have a blood test and the results show I have anti bodies. The doctor said it can be really serious and can go to your brain and cause meningitis . Totally not worth the risk!
Fliss x

I've got a Dr appointment tomorrow I'll ask then. I've never had it but I've been in contact with loads of people that have and never caught it. I'll mention blood test. I've been off for months I only went back s couple of days ago I can't stay off again. I can't believe this it's almost funny
Vicky xx

How coincidental, I’ve never had it either that’s what makes it such a high risk.
Oh really you poor thing, but health is always more important. Let me know how you get on tomorrow.
Bloody nightmare!😂
Fliss xx

How coincidental, I’ve never had it either that’s what makes it such a high risk.
Oh really you poor thing, but health is always more important. Let me know how you get on tomorrow.
Bloody nightmare!😂
Fliss xx
Fliss it is definitely a nightmare. My son had it and I didn't get it. My dad had shingles and I didn't get it plus I've been in school working for 9 years now. I reckon I've got anti bodies you probably have too.😁😁😁
Vicky x