• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy Results

Wow. I haven't posted here in a while. -_- Back in April, I was told I was in remission because of the blood test results. Yet, I still had symptoms. Started to get a new intense pain on my side in June. That has spread over my entire abdomen and back. Back in April, I also went from diarrhea to constipation, and have had that ever since. There have been other symptoms from before that never went away. Sure doesn't sound like remission. Both my old and new GI doubted me. At least the new one's better and has actually been trying many different tests. She eventually got frustrated, and said maybe we just need to restart my case.

So, she ordered a colonoscopy that was done on Wednesday. My first and last one was in July 2015. I really hate the prep, but was able to do it all this time. Probably because it was with miralax.

Anyways, they said it seems like I'm in remission. However, the colon was damaged so badly there's scarring throughout the entire thing. Looking at the pics myself, I can see it's pretty bad with that. My IC or Ileocecum valve was wide open, and it's not supposed to be during the exam. Comparing healthy pics, it looks to me like the walls are really thin, too. I still see patches that are red or 'angry' looking. They did a lot more biopsies this time. I have to wait for the results of that, and see what my GI thinks about it. I'm glad they at least found something. They said there are meds and other treatments for the scarring.

I'm just really nervous about the results and what my GI might say. The pics look really scary. Not really sure what the next steps will be. I've read if it's too damaged, I might need surgery. (That might be what he meant by 'other treatments'.) I really don't want that. I hope I can be put on some form of pain meds. When I take care of the horrible pain, I might actually be able to sleep, and other things might get better.

I feel your pain rcmacdo. I really do. I recently had a sigmoid colonoscopy and my results were horrific. Scarring, inflammation, red, sore and anal fissures (my worst enemy). I came out and they told me I'd need a sigmoid colostomy, so my sigmoid/rectum and bum can heal. But my previous colonoscopy showed it all throughout my large intestine. None of my medication works and the nerve duller I'm on doesn't do anything anymore :( I'm just praying for a miracle

I feel your pain rcmacdo. I really do. I recently had a sigmoid colonoscopy and my results were horrific. Scarring, inflammation, red, sore and anal fissures (my worst enemy). I came out and they told me I'd need a sigmoid colostomy, so my sigmoid/rectum and bum can heal. But my previous colonoscopy showed it all throughout my large intestine. None of my medication works and the nerve duller I'm on doesn't do anything anymore :( I'm just praying for a miracle
I will pray for you.