• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Concerned!

Ok to start off my surgeon had started me on mezavent 4800mg per day it was working pretty good for awhile but after a few months it slowed down so my gp switched me to pentasa a week ago aand as of Tuesday last weeek I have not had a bowel movement eveen after taking 3 laxatives still nothing I only have a family dr the surgeon has removed my colon and I only have my small intestine. Any suggestions?:confused2:

I have been on Pentsa for years and haven't noticed any constipating effect. It might be something else going on. You ought to have a GI, they are the experts in medication. Hope you feel well soon.

nogutsnoglory

I'll add on that I definitely agree with daisy. Crohn's and the meds we need are too complicated for a GP. Please try to find a GI who can manage your disease.

I am currently on the list to see a gastroentologist i was just recently diagnosed with this I went into hospital Dec 14 had first surgery Dec 16 then inflamation spred to the remaining large intestine so it tore the sutures apart causing internal bleeding and he had to go back in 4 days after the first surgery to remove the remaining large intestine so now it is pretty hard for me to get constipated as I don't have a colon well that is what my surgeon told me , so as of today the cramping has started so every 5-10 mins I get these intense cramps I even went out and bought fruit and tried to eat some in hopes it would help but it just seems to intensify the cramping some mothers day I'm having this sux :(