• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and body building (again..)

Seen a couple of threads on this but is there anyone on here who has crohns, is on meds and is/has taken anabolic steroids?

Hopefully such a subject isn’t taboo on here and can be discussed openly like adults?

I have been power lifting for about 20 years and I can tell you from witnessing the affects of doing roids on healthy people I would NEVER do it with having our disease. Our systems are under enough stress without adding roids to the mix. I would suggest if you are going to try it,check with your Gastro.
When I was on prednisone I did notice I could train ALLOT harder (no inflammation). But the bad news was as I was coming off the pred. my left shoulder was killing me.The pred was masking all the damage I was doing. My shoulder has now recovered (took 5 months) and I am ok. I could just imagine the damage I would have caused if I was also on anabolics.