• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Curcumin

Who is using Curcumin for their IBD?
I’ve been taking a fairly low dose, only 500mg/day. But in researching more it looks like the therapeutic dose is quadruple that amount, 2g/day.
https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/336720

I’m running out of medical options and have now been thinking more about surgery for a mid ileum stricture about 15-20cm long. Hoping this will help until then!

Bufford

For over a year now I have been mixing a teaspoon of ground Curcumin found in the seasoning section of the grocery store into a glass of cold water on an empty stomach between breakfast and lunch and have had a profound improvement in my symptoms.

Update - had to stop the curcumin a week prior to double balloon enteroscopy since it’s a blood thinner. Feeling better off of it!

Bufford

I had to stop taking low dose aspirin after 6 months of being on Curcumin. My blood pressure would swing too much making me feel like crap. Now I am doing very well.