• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Double dosage on Mesalamine Rectal Suspension?

Hi,
I want to know if any of you are using 2 dosage of Mesalamine Rectal Suspension at the same time. If so, how well it go? What time during the day or night do you apply the second dosage? Do you apply the second dosage at the same time as the first dosage?

I am using both Mesalamine Rectal Suspension and Lialda now. I realize that Mesalamine Rectal Suspension works much better than Lialda for me. I want to know if I can use 2 dosages of Mesalamine Rectal Suspension at the same time instead of Lialda.

Thanks.

Bufford

When I had flares that were threatening, my doctor advised me to double up on the mesalamine enemas and I would take them 12 hours apart. My regular maintenance dose is one application at bedtime every two days.