• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dying of Fever

I have recently tapered off prednisolone (10mg twice daily, then 10mg in the morning and 5mg in the afternoon, 5mg twice daily, finally 5mg in the morning) - Every taper was after 6-7 days.

I have been on preds for about 6 weeks including taper. The last dose was 5 days ago. For the last 4 days, I have been only having fever (around 101.4F) starting late afternoons. I have no other Crohn's symptoms so am I simply experiencing steroids withdrawal or a flare-up?

Have you contacted your gi ?
They should be able to give you guidance
I would not be able to get hold of my GI until Monday. I have taken steroids 2 years ago. My GI told me to stop at 10mg. When I did that, I have fever for a week. Then I decided to take 10mg for a week, then move to 5mg for a week and completely get off.

Did the same this time but seems like something is wrong. I hope it is just a mild withdrawal effect.

My doctor's office has a doctor from the office who is on call at night and the weekends. Does your doctor's office have something similar? If so, you could call them.

I went to my primary doctor and I was told I had throat inflammation not infection. He is unsure why I have it though. Could it be the acid reflux I have at times causing this?

Surprisingly, today is the first day my temperature hasn't gone beyond 99.8F. Hopefully, it gets to normal body temperature.