• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entyvio and pregnancy

Hello, sorry for my english I'm from quebec.
I'll start the entyvio in few weeks. I want to be pregnant in 4-5 months. I read that the entyvio is not recommanded in pregnancy. Someone have more information or life experience?

No personal experience but from my reading there doesn't seem to be an issues with women who have gotten pregnant in trials. It is gut specific so I am guessing that helps minimize risk. Unfortunately in Canada it is very new and Not too much info is out there. Talk to your GI, they might have more details of any cases or studies they know of.

Asked my GI today and he hadn't read anything about pregnancies with Entyvio, but also thought it should be okay because it is gut specific. He didn't know if it crossed the placenta as Remicade does, but mused that if that was the case, they might do similar dosing to Remicade and stop in the third trimester and then start again post-partum. Again, that was just off the top of his head. Not much data and he hasn't really looked into it. I am only the 6th patient he has put on it.

Hi there - since I'm pregnant and on Entyvio I thought I would share my experience. I was on Cimzia for a few years and it eventually lost its effectiveness for me. My doctor switched me to Entyvio in November of 2014. I was terrified since my husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for about 16 months at that point. I had such a great response to Entyvio that I got pregnant in February of 2015. I have stayed on Entyvio through the pregnancy and so far so good. I am 28 weeks today. I plan to not get a dose in the third trimester and get it just after birth. I have read that if there is an adverse affect on the baby that it will happen in the third trimester. Doctors have not been able to tell me much since there is no data on this. Hope this helped. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

I am on entyvio, and currently in my 6th week. I am concerned, since not much data behind pregnancy and this drug. We had planned this, as because the lady working in the GI office said it's completely safe and allowed, no I don't see her there anymore, and hear other wise from GI doctor. So I'm curious how your pregnancy outcome was. Thank you! Hope you and baby are healthy!

I've been following the tweets from Digestive Diseases Week in San Diego this weekend and though it is only been a small number of pregnancies so far Entyvio appears to be safe in pregnancy.

Just an update - I received Entyvio every 8 weeks throughout my pregnancy with no issues. I developed Cholestasis at 36 weeks, but doctors said it was unrelated to medications. My son is a year old now and I also breastfed on Entyvio successfully for 12 months. Message me if you have any questions but every doctor I've seen through the whole process has said it is safe since it is gut-specific and does not suppress the immune system. Good luck everyone!

I just had a baby a month ago while on entyvio. I gained a lot of weight and blood pressure rose at the end although no protein in the urine or hypertensive. Aside from that I had a healthy baby and easy delivery.

Hi, I was wondering if you remember how close to conception you received an infusion of Entyvio? I am worried that if I get one to close to when I become pregnant it will hurt the initial development of the baby, like if the baby isn't implanted yet. I had a miscarriage 3 months ago so I am trying to get as educated as I can. Thanks!

My third Entyvio infusion happened to be on the day I conceived (about a week after I ovulated). Don't worry - my son is now a healthy 16 month old. Good luck.