• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Extremely gassy on SCD diet.

Hi,

I've been on the SCD diet for about 20 months (together with Stelara injections every 4 weeks for about 1 year and 2 months)

I feel pretty good however the only symptom I have (which I didn't have before starting the SCD diet) is being extremely gassy.

Any advice would be appreciated as I really suffer from that.

Thanks in advance.

I feel pretty good however the only symptom I have (which I didn't have before starting the SCD diet) is being extremely gassy..
Might not be this but worth starting with

Most likely you are eating something that you weren’t eating before SCD, or are eating a larger amount of something that you were not eating as much of and have gone over your own personal threshold of that food or foods.

Google FODMAPS
Crohn’s and the FODMAP Elimination Diet
"The FODMAPs diet doesn’t speed the healing of or cure Crohn’s, but it has been effective in at least diminishing feelings of bloating, cramping, gas, and diarrhea that can often accompany a Crohn’s flare-up."
https://inflammatoryboweldisease.net/nutrition/crohns-and-the-fodmap-elimination-diet/

Thanks @hugh For your reply,

I have already tried the FODMAP diet in conjunction with the SCD diet but didn't see a significant improvement so I dropped it as it was very hard to keep both SCD and FODMAP at the same time.