• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling frustrated with Stelera

Had a resection in September and started Stelera in November . Had the iv induction dose followed by an injection 8 weeks later. Has been 10 weeks and am not one of the worst flare ups I've ever had. Hadn't had a flare since the resection so feeling frustrated and scared. Had severe allergic reaction to remicade,humira and cimzia. Entyvio didn't work and now I'm in a terrible flare. Wondering if there's anything left.

What are your flare Symptoms? I had a resection in October and had terrible diarrhea after. Got some very strong probiotics from my ND and it cleared up in a couple of days.

Im sorry you are having a rough time. I'm getting ready to start this med Tuesday so I am interested in your replies.

Im sorry you are having a rough time. I'm getting ready to start this med Tuesday so I am interested in your replies.
Originally had a lot of gas and diarrhea immediately right after the resection but that was different. This is bleeding, 15-20 bowels movements a day of pure diarrhea and horrible cramping pain, definitely in a flare for over a week now. Dr said I shouldn't have flared this badly with Stelera on board for over 10 weeks now. Getting scoped on Tuesday-upper and lower to see how bad the disease is and if Stelera has helped at all.

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Can they add anything to your meds? Steroids Mabey? Deff sounds like you are in a bad flair.