• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First-Ever National Study of Dietary Interventions to Treat Crohn's Disease Receives Funding

That's great! I like when there is research into Crohn's that doesn't revolve around suppressing the immune system. Although it looks like the diets will only be 6 weeks long. I wonder if that will be long enough to achieve statistical significance in change of inflammation?

Great news! My son was recently diagnosed and we are working with a nutritional therapist to try to heal and seal his gut.

crohnsinct

I don't think it is published yet. They started recruiting in March and it is a 12 week study. Results will take a while to compile and a bit for the paper to be written. From what I am hearing from our GI, results are promising.

ok sounds good. i just saw the origonal post was from a few years ago so i wasn't sure. glad to know someone is keeping an eye on it! thank you

crohnsinct

oops sorry. I got that one confused with the recent one comparing all the diets. I looked on IBD partners and they haven't published any results.