• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fistula surgery and fertility?

Hey everyone, I have posted in the past stating that I think I may have a retrovaginal fistula. I just went in for my appt with the surgeon. He says I may be right and is worried I may have a fistula to my bladder because of my other symptoms. He ordered a CT with contrast. He says he also wants me to do another colposcopy (Yayyyy...:(. ) I won't be able to get this done until at least October because I'm trying to establish with a new GI.

What worried me is he said that if that is what is going on than surgery could affect fertility by causing damage to the Fallopian tubes. Has anyone else had this surgically fixed and experienced any problems? I am only 23 and have always wanted to have children.