• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Flare with a stoma?

Kyle.h

Kyle
Good evening,

I'm 2 months post surgery for an ilestomy, this past week I've had pains in my right hand side. I've been exhausted the past week, like I was pre-op. I seem to be getting more tired as time goes on, not less. My weight has dipped a little past 2 days and liquid output also but not excessively and it's quiet in the mornings.

My main query is.. am I able to flare? Could the Crohn's be back and so quickly. I'm really worried as I'm no longer on meds and don't want it to process to the state it was before.

I've got my flights booked to move to Canada in January and my reversal booked for 21st Nov. Praying and hoping it isn't back..
Any advice welcomed...

Thank you [emoji4]

I still had some pains occasionally for a few months after surgery and some near stoma aswell,, but a year after surgery now and theres no sign of crohns on recent MRI,, Also my doctor said some of the pains could be from adhesions as I still get pains now from moving in a funny way at night, I dont think adhesions are usually serious though ,

I hope your ok an its not the crohns back this would be very bad luck for it to come on again so fast
The intestines hate being cut and it takes months even up to1-2years for them to adjust to their new set up

Kyle.h

Kyle
I still had some pains occasionally for a few months after surgery and some near stoma aswell,, but a year after surgery now and theres no sign of crohns on recent MRI,, Also my doctor said some of the pains could be from adhesions as I still get pains now from moving in a funny way at night, I dont think adhesions are usually serious though ,

I hope your ok an its not the crohns back this would be very bad luck for it to come on again so fast
The intestines hate being cut and it takes months even up to1-2years for them to adjust to their new set up
Thanks minimoo! Great set of info, thank you! [emoji4] yes it's calmed down now and I'm not feeling so off or wrecked. Think it might have been a bug. Here's to getting back on track [emoji482] thanks again.