• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Food cravings!!

I recently started on SCD and the food cravings I get are unbearable! The longer I stay on SCD, the worse the cravings become. Any suggestions?

A well balanced diet avoiding anything that sets you off is probably best,most of these diets are impossible for most people to stick to long term,just don,t stress if you fall off the wagon occasionally.good luck

Consume more healthy fats and proteins to subdue carbohydrate cravings. That way you aren't feeding bacteria as much if SIBO is your concern.

By healthy I mean grass-fed butter, extra virgin olive oil on low FODMAP veggies, macadamia nuts, and cuts of meat that have good ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 (beef, lamb, salmon).