• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Good News!!

In November of last year I was in a bad flare. So much so that young inexperienced CRS told me that if i did not start remicade she would be removing my rectum within 1 year. My very experienced gastro thinks she is nuts but obviously i was not doing great. Even he wanted to put me on imuran. I had many ulcerations in rectum and a fissure. The fissure was caused by CRS aggressive flex sig so i guess that is why i am critical of her. Nevertheless i started on steroid enemas and canasa suppositories by alternating every other night. On December 2, 2013 i got a script from my family physician for ldn. I began taking it 9 weeks ago along with other meds referenced above.

I went to my gastro for a follow up scope today. I almost cried when he told my family results. Ulcers in top 2/3 of rectum had completely healed and were gone. The bottom third were healing and looked much better. The fissure also healed completely. The last thing i want to do is give anybody false hope. I cant say ldn is what has helped. Maybe it was the steroid enema or the combination of both. I can say past rowasa enemas have not helped. I am a person of faith and many people have been praying for me so i am sure that is part of it. In the end i know i have a little way to go but i have improved drastically. I am so very thankful for this support group and that i learned about ldn. Who knows if it helps but i can assure you at this point i am afraid to stop taking it.