• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Had 2 babies since being diagnosed

Hi, I have heard a lot of people who have crohns and find their pregnant, getting worried as to what it'll mean, now I know everyone is different, in both crohns and pregnancy.
But, I wanted to say, I had 2 babies after being diagnosed and everything was the same as the 2 babies I'd had before being diagnosed.
My crohns was even better when pregnant :)
The only little side effect was as I was on azathiaprine, I had to have monthly scans to measure birthweight, but as my eldest 2 were big babies no-one was concerned.
They were smaller than my other babies but still a great weight. And my youngest was a very small baby lengthwise but that hasnt caused her any problems, shes now 2 :)

i have had 2 children too, my son charley was born when i went into remission after my first bout of surgery,. but joshua was concieved and born on azaprorpine, i was told everything would be fine he would just be smaller. i never got any extra scans at all :( and he was my biggest at 8lb 12oz!! and i was a smoker then! i am not proud of that at all, :( i have now kicked the habbit :)