• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone tried Beta Glucans...?

Hi,

Been reading a bit about Beta Glucan and wondered if anyone here had tried it or is currently using it.. my wife is thinking of adding it to her regime..

Quote: “…glucan enhances the immune response through stimulation of macrophages by increasing their number, size, and function, stimulates secretion of lysozyme and TNF by activated macrophages, increases the phagocytosis of antigens, activates the formation of granulocyte and monocyte colonies, and factors increased activity of T and B lymphocytes, as well as complement activation."

see : http://www.betaglucan.org/

Reviving an old thread here. I’ve been trying some prebiotics and they seem to be helping. Sunfiber - partially hydrolyzed guar gum, and more recently Galactomune - beta glucan and galactooligosaccharides. The sunfiber has really helped the chronic D.

Two days ago I had a double balloon enteroscopy and the results were encouraging! I’m also on 15mg of Prednisone, so hard to say what’s helping but was still having chronic D on high dose prednisone until I added in the sunfiber and got rid of the psyllium I had been taking.

In researching it looks like beta glucans could be promising too, I will let you all know how it goes.