• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has anyone tried Liquid Hope?

Hello everyone.

I'm trying out something new and wanted to hear if anyone else had heard of it or something similar. It's called Liquid Hope and is made by functional formularies. They have a website if you're interested to look.

It's a meal replacement technically, but I plan to keep eating with it. My issue is that I just came off of TPN (for only a week or so) but I've dropped weight fast. The thought is that I'm not getting enough calories and I really can't force myself to eat more. I'm trying, but I'd like a supplement to help.

I've ordered a small supply of 6 packets to try out. Has anyone else done this? It is also formulated for NG tubes but I am just going to drink it.

Any input it appreciated!!!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I moved your thread here to try and get some replies. I haven't heard of it but let us know how it is when you get a chance to try it Loki_Chaser. :)

Spooky1

Well, that's a new one on me, never heard of it. Have you not been advised by your gastroenterologist or dietician yet? I'm sure they should be guiding you with this. They can't just leave you to struggle like that. They should be recommending things for you and prescribing them too.

Let me know how its going.

I looked up Liquid Hope but couldn't find any information about it being good for Crohn's patients. The ingredients look very healthy and organic but some of the ingredients like garbanzo beans, broccoli etc would destroy my intestines. I would live in the bathroom rather then going frequently. I'm on Peptamen 1.5 that's formulated for Crohn's and yes the ingredients don't look great and as healthy as Liquid Hope but it is agreeing with me. How did you hear about it and I wish you luck! Keep us posted.

Spooky1

Hmmm, that fibre would also give me grief. Babs, have you ever had those nights when you just drag the duvet into the bathroom? You sound like me there.

As an update: I tried liquid hope. I tried to go slowly, seeing as these are pretty large bags intended for meal replacement. My first go was 1/3 a cup and the next day was 1/2 a cup. I ended up having a swollen tongue and horrific cramping.

It might work for someone else, but was not for me.

I looked up Liquid Hope but couldn't find any information about it being good for Crohn's patients. The ingredients look very healthy and organic but some of the ingredients like garbanzo beans, broccoli etc would destroy my intestines. I would live in the bathroom rather then going frequently. I'm on Peptamen 1.5 that's formulated for Crohn's and yes the ingredients don't look great and as healthy as Liquid Hope but it is agreeing with me. How did you hear about it and I wish you luck! Keep us posted.
Me too.