• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Haven’t been here in a while, gotten control of my disease with cannabis oil and testosterone injections

I was diagnosed around 5 years ago. Upon initial diagnosis I was put on prednisone and sulfasalazine. Then switched to 6-mp, then was supposed to be put on humira. Upon investigating humira, I decided I was done with my GI doc and went a quest for remission through my own research and trial and error with my body.

Cannabis oil (in extremely high doses of 50/50 thc to cbd) put me mostly in remission, but I was still having some issues and I couldn’t get my weight back. I had some muscle atrophy from where I had been bed ridden and it seemed like those muscles would be dormant forever. I had more of an appetite again but I still wasn’t gaining weight. After doing some extensive research, one thing I kept coming back to was basically if you can’t gain healthy muscle weight no matter what you eat, your hormones are most likely messed up. Got a test done and found that estrogen and testosterone levels were way lower than they should be. Test levels were that of a 45 y/o woman and I’m a 31 year old male.

After starting TRT, I have gained 30lns of muscle, my arthritis has gone from excruciating to manageable, my sleep has improved drastically, and I think the weirdest thing that’s happened, I stopped being lactose intolerant🤷‍♂️. Just wanted to share my experience as I believe whole heartedly that men with Crohn’s should definitely look into trt. And everybody with Crohn’s should look into cannabis oil. And I hear a lot of people saying weed didn’t work for them and so on. I don’t smoke weed or anything else. Smoking weed can help with short term symptoms like pain and nausea. High doses of full spectrum oil with cbd and thc absolutely does more than help pain. I have literally watched internal bleeding stop(looking at my poop) from cannabis oil and I’ve had 3 colonoscopies since I began using the cannabis oil, one since trt, and my guts show no sign of Crohn’s other than a bit of scar tissue most likely from my flare that caused my diagnosis. And even that seems to have lessened.

This is the study I found that led me to trt.

Hi I am just wondering which part of your digestive system have you got crohns. Also where’s the best place to source or get advice for cbd oil. I am wondering if their is professional advice for CBD oil for crohns sufferers. Also are you taking any other medications at all. Thanks

I also got over my disease with the help of CBD oil, it really is a great remedy... Actually, I have never tried cannabis before in any kind, but I've heard from more than one person that it does help with the pain and anxiety too. My journey with anxiety comes from long ago, since high school I'd even say. So, one day I decided to give it a try and by my friend's recommendation I tried the CBD for the first time and I did enjoy the effect. Furthermore, I know where to buy it and where it is now legal CBD flower for sale which I use frequently as I find peace in it from my anxiety.

Last edited:
I was diagnosed around 5 years ago. Upon initial diagnosis I was put on prednisone and sulfasalazine. Then switched to 6-mp, then was supposed to be put on humira. Upon investigating humira, I decided I was done with my GI doc and went a quest for remission through my own research and trial and error with my body.

Cannabis oil (in extremely high doses of 50/50 thc to cbd) put me mostly in remission, but I was still having some issues and I couldn’t get my weight back. I had some muscle atrophy from where I had been bed ridden and it seemed like those muscles would be dormant forever. I had more of an appetite again but I still wasn’t gaining weight. After doing some extensive research, one thing I kept coming back to was basically if you can’t gain healthy muscle weight no matter what you eat, your hormones are most likely messed up. Got a test done and found that estrogen and testosterone levels were way lower than they should be. Test levels were that of a 45 y/o woman and I’m a 31 year old male.

After starting TRT, I have gained 30lns of muscle, my arthritis has gone from excruciating to manageable, my sleep has improved drastically, and I think the weirdest thing that’s happened, I stopped being lactose intolerant🤷‍♂️. Just wanted to share my experience as I believe whole heartedly that men with Crohn’s should definitely look into trt. And everybody with Crohn’s should look into cannabis oil. And I hear a lot of people saying weed didn’t work for them and so on. I don’t smoke weed or anything else. Smoking weed can help with short term symptoms like pain and nausea. High doses of full spectrum oil with cbd and thc absolutely does more than help pain. I have literally watched internal bleeding stop(looking at my poop) from cannabis oil and I’ve had 3 colonoscopies since I began using the cannabis oil, one since trt, and my guts show no sign of Crohn’s other than a bit of scar tissue most likely from my flare that caused my diagnosis. And even that seems to have lessened.
Hello, I'm a wrinkly and female so we have very little in common. However, I understand what hormones "up the spout" can do to physical stamina and mood. It can feel like the end of the world when they are lacking.
I would stop smoking anything at all and your appetite should improve as well as your lung capacity. You need 3000 calories a day to gain weight.