• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help no bowl movement in 3 days...

D

Donna

I usually eat something I know runs thru me. Or, maybe you should stick to a liquid diet until you go, as you may have the beginnings of a blockage. Especially since you have had problems for 5 years. Crohn's leaves scarring which can cause partial blockages and such. Just out of curiosity, are you experiencing pain, bloating, nauseaness, and not passing gas? If so, don't hesitate to go to the er...you could have a blockage, and they aren't pretty should they rupture.

Good luck!
Donna

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
This is really a tough one to comment on, as depending on whats going on the recommendations can be more harmful than helpful. Firstly, 3 days is some time but it can be worse. There was a time when I was going once a week for several months, so do not be overly worried. Worrying about it will just make things worse. I have found that drinking a lot of water and walking can help get things moving, as well as drinkinh prune juice. Of course drinking a lot of water will not help if you have a blockage though. Maybe switching to a liquid only diet can help though, as you can get down a lot of liquid and still be on the safe side. Just do not panic, as you just need to stay relaxed and let things happen naturally. Using an enema might be the best as it will give you peace of mind. Just do not use them too frequently.

K

Kate

i agree with mike for abit i was inly able to go once a week to the other thing to try is a colonic massage with is easy run your hand around the outside of your stomach in the direction of you bowel ie illium to rectum this will help move things along better make sure you do it lightly dont force it. combine it with water/liquid etc and you should be away

Tami Lynn

Forum Angel
Could it possibly be that the barium they made you drink after your CT scan is blocking you up? I know that they usually tell me to take some Milk of Magnesia for a day or two after I drink barium until everything passes. Barium can turn into cement in your gut if you don't get rid of it pretty quickly after ingesting it, and if you have any strictures, that can really be a bad thing.

I'd say that if you start to get bad crampy/colicky abdominal pain, bloating or nausea, you should probably get it checked either with your physician or go to the ER to play it safe.

Best wishes and please keep us updated!

I know just last week I had to drink the trilyte to clear me out and it took me a good 4-5 days to have a healthy bowel movement. it might just be because you were cleared out. if not try a mild laxative. I usually use correctal just take two pills and by morning ur have to go lol. hope that works out for you.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I have used suppositories, but they were to help reduce/remove a hemroid. I was a pit freaked out about using them at first, but got used to them.

J

Jimbo

Thats never happend to me. I wish I could go a few days without running to the toilet every five mintues. If it doesn't get any better you should go and see your doctor.

J

JoJo

I have had this happen number of times in the past. My consultant recommended drinking lots of water and eat 2 - 3 kiwi fruit and 2 tablespoons of linseed. It does work but I didn't like the taste ofthe linseed much.

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
:( SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR TROUBLES ... Keep drinking plenty of fluids at least that is what they told my hubby to do and it helped him & also a soft diet will help out but for playing it safe see your DOCTOR !! Will keep you in prayer and do keep us posted on how things go for you !!

D

Donna

Good for you!! My next bit of help was gonna be telling you that castor oil works wonders! You can add it with your juice (read label) and be on your way. Someone told me to try it while I was pregnant with my son, since I was in desperate need to deliver him. It sure did bring on contractions, and some of the worst explosive diarhea I have ever had!! It literally had me off my seat!!! So read the label..I was taking it in larger doses so as to promote contraction...lol. I wont be doing that any time soon!!

V

Valentina

glad it sounds like you got through it.. hope it doesnt happen too often, sounds uncomfortable to say the least