• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How can you tell if your pregnant or if its Crohn's?

Hi Im 29 yrs old and I have been living with Crohns for at least 16 years. Last month we started trying to get pregnant and this past week I have been feeling very emotional and tired. Im the opposite of having constipation and started having nausea. I cant tell if my symptoms are from my Crohn's acting up from stress or if I am actually pregnant. Before when I was married and been dating; anytime I would get sick we would worry it was a sign that we are pregnant. Now that we feel we are ready, I am anxious to know without using my last HTP stick if I am or not. I already peed on a stick a week ago and it came out neg. but I cant tell when my period is coming since its been irregular since we started trying.

Does anyone know how you can tell the difference between early pregnancy symptoms or Crohns?

I think it can be hard to tell. Maybe go to your family doc and ask for a blood test for pregnancy. I understand those are the most accurate.

I was lucky enough to not get sick early on in my pregnancy so the only way I had a feeling I was pregnant was my sore boobs and just the feeling that I was. I would agree that a blood test is the best way to know if you are pregnant because your HCG levels will rise if you are.