• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I Started This 1 month ago and what a difference

I've had Crohn's for 50 years and developed a stricture in my terminal ileum that reduced its lumen diameter to just 6mm. Humira was no longer working and I was not doing well. I was advised to have surgery and made an appointment with the surgeon.
Based on discussions on this board, I asked my GI for a prescription--he was unaware. A couple of days later he said ok, there apparently was no downside.
I started 1.5mg per day which I took with my morning pills. I don't eat till much later. I think I began to feel better.
After a week, I increased my dose to 3mg, again with my morning pills.
It's been 3-4 weeks since I increased the dose and I feel great. Absolutely amazing. For full disclosure, I also smoke marijuana.
The stricture has reduced my appetite--its like a free lap band.
I went to the surgeon today and he advised that I do not have surgery.
From 1 month ago when my GI and the second opinion both recommended surgery to now is amazing.
Thanks to this board for the fantastic advice and education

Bufford

I have been on the medical pot for a couple of years now, I do believe it makes a difference by improving rest and reducing inflammation. Better rest allows the body to repair itself.

I've had Crohn's for 50 years and developed a stricture in my terminal ileum that reduced its lumen diameter to just 6mm. Humira was no longer working and I was not doing well. I was advised to have surgery and made an appointment with the surgeon.
Based on discussions on this board, I asked my GI for a prescription--he was unaware. A couple of days later he said ok, there apparently was no downside.
I started 1.5mg per day which I took with my morning pills. I don't eat till much later. I think I began to feel better.
After a week, I increased my dose to 3mg, again with my morning pills.
It's been 3-4 weeks since I increased the dose and I feel great. Absolutely amazing. For full disclosure, I also smoke marijuana.
The stricture has reduced my appetite--its like a free lap band.
I went to the surgeon today and he advised that I do not have surgery.
From 1 month ago when my GI and the second opinion both recommended surgery to now is amazing.
Thanks to this board for the fantastic advice and education
Do you use cannabis at the same time as LDN? Is there an interaction between them? Do you still take LDN in the morning? What's the dose? Thanks so much for your advice!