• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I think our prescription was messed up - wdyt?

So E began LDN four months ago. By the end of the first month we were seeing huge improvements. He has been doing great. He is still on a restricted diet but we've even allowed a few GF items that are not paleo and he has still done great. Then, within 2-3 days after a new prescription refill he started struggling a tad. As the month went by he got slightly worse until it escalated. I was even considering prednisone. We got his script refilled and within 2-3 days we began seeing improvements. Now, 6 doses later he is doing very well again - no prednisone needed. The guy who normally compounds was out of town when this now questionable prescription was filled. Is this coincidence? Do you think that only 6 doses could bring such an improvement? I'm seriously questioning an entire month of E's meds.

Hard to say. He could have had a miniflare and the meds took some time to handle it completely. The timing of his improvement might have been a coincidence.

You could ask the pharmacy to check their records to see if the script was compounded correctly. Wouldn't hurt - if it wasn't that is important information for everyone to have.