• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

If Entyvio works, what can I expect

I have tried
Been on Prednisolon, Imurel, Methraxeate (pills and injections), humira with no effect.

I am now starting on Entyvio. If it works, what will happen?
I ahve had diarhea for 15 years, and six resections of my small bowel. Once becaause my ileum was perforated, and 4 because of constipation in the same area duie to infection and scar tissue narrowing...so I am actually scared of not having the diarahea..as when it stops I have constpation...and I know what that can mean...lol

Anyway, I simply do not know when medication works, as it has never done so for me...well except the pain medication they gave me before and after surgery...haha

Scipio

If it works you will have a noticeable decrease in your symptoms. If it works wonderfully for you your symptoms could more or less clear up. However, it could be a couple of months or so before its effects really kick in.

I have tried
Been on Prednisolon, Imurel, Methraxeate (pills and injections), humira with no effect.

I am now starting on Entyvio. If it works, what will happen?
I ahve had diarhea for 15 years, and six resections of my small bowel. Once becaause my ileum was perforated, and 4 because of constipation in the same area duie to infection and scar tissue narrowing...so I am actually scared of not having the diarahea..as when it stops I have constpation...and I know what that can mean...lol

Anyway, I simply do not know when medication works, as it has never done so for me...well except the pain medication they gave me before and after surgery...haha

I'm relatively new to all this and I haven't had any surgeries, so I do not know if your reaction will be different, but the goal is to be normalized, yeah? I'm on Entyvio and have only ever been on entyvio. The only side-effects I really get are fatigue/slight light headedness after the infusions. I did lose all my hair, but they're not even sure it's from the vedolizumab since I'm the only one, hahaha.

I hope you get better! One needle stick every 2 months sure beats swallowing a large pharmacy every day, right? <3!!

I'm relatively new to all this and I haven't had any surgeries, so I do not know if your reaction will be different, but the goal is to be normalized, yeah? I'm on Entyvio and have only ever been on entyvio. The only side-effects I really get are fatigue/slight light headedness after the infusions. I did lose all my hair, but they're not even sure it's from the vedolizumab since I'm the only one, hahaha.

I hope you get better! One needle stick every 2 months sure beats swallowing a large pharmacy every day, right? <3!!
Yeah!
Well, I've just had some light headache after the 3rd doze so far. But my Faecal calprotectin level was way down allready after the second doze. But this could be the result of quite a heft prednosolon cure my surgeon put me on to knock my inflamation in the small intestine down to give the Entyvio a chance to work at keeping my levels down. I am down to a doze of 5mg of Prednisolon now, and the doc wants to keep me on that doze until he is sure the Entyvio is really kicking in :)

Else I feel about the same as before. But physicly I am a wreck after all the years of surgery, failed treatments, diarrhea, and resulting fatigue. I guess I should pull myself up by the neck and start excercsing but I do not have the energy...

So the day of infusion I feel pretty drained and sore. I feel better the next day though. I've found that bloody stools are almost nonexistent, fatigue is down, stomach cramps almost never....a lot of the debilitating symptoms I had which I could never get rid of have gone way down or are gone. It does take awhile for it t build up in your system...but now that I've been on it for about a yr or two I'm feeling pretty good. It's the only thing which works that I'm not allergic to

So the day of infusion I feel pretty drained and sore. I feel better the next day though. I've found that bloody stools are almost nonexistent, fatigue is down, stomach cramps almost never....a lot of the debilitating symptoms I had which I could never get rid of have gone way down or are gone. It does take awhile for it t build up in your system...but now that I've been on it for about a yr or two I'm feeling pretty good. It's the only thing which works that I'm not allergic to
That is great