• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ileocecectomy

Hello all, first post here. Glad to be a part of this community.

I recently had a ileocecectomy (40cm removed) on 1/2 and just have some post op questions. I’ve been having loose bowel movements numerous times a day since surgery. Is this normal? I never really had this issue before surgery unless I was flaring. And if it is normal, does it get better?

Im also taking cipro and flagyl for an infection.

I know I’m not even two weeks post op and I’m sure my body has to adjust but I just need some reassurance this won’t be the rest of my life 😔

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Blue...Welcome to the forum
Have you checked in with your GI regarding these issues you are enduring.
If surgery is recent it may take a little time for the bowel to return to normal but you should be monitored regarding the problem.
Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic which is under scrutiny right now due to adverse reactions that have been reported and there are suggestions that it’s use be discontinued due to numerous side effects reported .
That said it is a good antibiotic for infections and may not be your problem.
Best thing to do is discuss your issues with your GI and/or surgeon.
We are fellow patients on this website and not physicians...
Hugs
Trysha