• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Internal Lateral Sphincterotomy

Hey folks, been going strong on Entyvio for a few months now, so my guts are good, but I haven’t been able to shake this fissure. After nitroglycerin and botox failed, I got the sphincterotomy surgery this week. I hope it works—I appear to be side-effect free at least—but I won’t know for another week or so. My questions are more about the muscular side effects and recovery, because I am in a great deal of pain. It hurts like hell to sit down, and walking is hard, so I’ve been compensating on my right leg (the side where the muscle was cut) and now, in addition to the butt pain, my knee is buckling and my hamstring is super tight... anyone have a similar experience? Or is this possibly unrelated and I should my orthopedist?