• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just Diagnosed w/ Lymphocytic Colitis

Hi. My name is Sandra and I am 39. I have been sick since summer and was just diagnosed. I am a full-time student but on LOA this semester until my symptoms are under control. I have had difficulty educating myself on the disease and the meds, since quality information seems limited. Maybe I can get some assistance from those you who have experience with these illnesses and treatments.

My doctor started with Asacol without any improvement and has switched me to Entocort. I started yesterday. I am having some side effects that I do not like. Trembling, anxiety, vision issues, and a feeling of complete exhaustion. Are these normal and will they subside? I understood the side effects would be less in comparison to the Pred. Thanks...

Angrybird

Hello Sandra and welcome to the forum :) Entocort is considered more system 'friendly' than Pred, we are all different however us some of us will not do so well on this (I didn't which is why I always get pred). See how you get on over the next day or so but if things do not improve get straight onto the doc. Also have a look at our treatment forum as there will be plenty of info about this drug there. Keep us updated on how you get on.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Sandra and welcome. I have Lymphocytic Colitis as well. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis :(

I've started a Lymphocytic Colitis Support Club where we've collated some decent information. And within our treatment forum you'll find a lot of threads on Entocort.

We're here for you anytime. Give the club thread a read and say hi in there :)

Again, welcome!

The entocort side effects lessen over time - I had the nervous system reaction - trembling and very edgy. They do control the disease; you won't be on it forever.