• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Keyhole surgery for stricture in terminal ileum

Hi all, i am new here.

I was recently diagnosed with Crohns in May after suffering with general crohns symptoms and having two colonoscopys, one in Jan where a small fish bone was found and causing inflammation and one in May where i was diagnosed further.

In the most recent colonoscopy and MRI, it was discovered that i had a 3cm stricture which has caused me many issues over the past couple of months including loads of pain, bloating, reduced appetite and discomfort. After a accidental long course of prednisone (Horrible!), my doc referred me to a surgeon as they agreed that i would need keyhole resection surgery.

I just wanted some advise from anyone who has already had the surgery or know anything about it as my symptoms have definitely calmed down this month and i am in generally good health.

Do you think its worth doing the surgery at this early stage? & Do you know of any alternatives as i am not a fan of rushing into things.

Thanks in advance x

No one said anything about keyhole but i did have resection surgery seven years ago. Make sure your doctor monitors you. My surgeon said my condition had been that way for a while. My terminal ileum and a small part of my colon was removed.