• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

LDN Low Dose Naltrexone !

ANYBODY using Naltrexone for their crohns?
PLEASE let me know...

The claims for this drug is amazing. Some studies show 89% releif.
Maybe? I know we all are hopeing for something like this.
Ask your doctor too.

KWalker

Welcome! I don't have any experience with LDN but you're right by saying many people have success with it. I will tag Kev here because he has a lot of experience with LDN as well as other members that I'm sure will pop in when they see this thread.

I just wanted to clarify, in your title you say LDN but in your post you just say Naltrexone. I know Naltrexone is used in very small doses for crohns (hence the Low dose naltrexone) while it is used for other issues such as opiate addiction in higher doses. Is your doctor wanting to put you on this?

My son is on LDN low dose naltrexone 4.5mg nightly and it has made a huge difference. It is not so much the Crohn's community that does not know about it but the doctors are unwilling to prescribe as there is not enough information/research done, or what they have heard tells them it doesn't work or they have not heard about it.
Are you currently taking LDN or are you planning to talk to your doctor?

I'm here. It isn't B/S. LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) works. Been on it over 5 years. Love it. Only regret.. wish it had come along sooner.
My doctor has suggested that I try LDN. How long does it take to see results? What/ if any have you experienced in terms of side effects? I am trying to find information about it, but I'm not finding much. Would you please tell me more about your experience?
Thanks!
Jill

Kev

I kept a daily diary of my experiences, here, on this forum, back in 2007. LDN and me, a personal diary... OK, with LDN, you have to wait out the rough part... it is very slow to kick in... you may get worse before you start to slowly turn things around. The known side effects are ... vivid dreams.... feeling wired... and sleep disruptions. The only side effect I ever had were the dreams... REALLY, REALLY miss those dreams. You have to have a known good source of freshly compounded LDN. Don't rely on any compound more than 3 months old. For some reason, candida albicans can interfere with LDN. So do the saliva test... check for long strands in your saliva.. if they're there, then you have a candida overgrowth. Regular doctors won't discuss candida. You are on your own with it. Oh, and the theory is that the best time to take LDN is just before going to sleep. OK?