• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

LDN side effects: Seeing stars?!

Hiya everybody! I started 1.5mg of LDN this past Monday, and I would say on Wednesday or Thursday, I began "seeing" floaties, or "stars" if that's what you call them. I thought maybe my pillow had pinched a nerve or something lol, but I slept differently last night and again I see them today...

have any of you had this?? It's really weird! :eek2:

theOcean

I get that all the time, even though I'm not on LDN. I don't think it's necessarily from the medication, though you could ask your GP about it and maybe ask to see an optician if it persists in case it's from an optic nerve.

I get that all the time, even though I'm not on LDN. I don't think it's necessarily from the medication, though you could ask your GP about it and maybe ask to see an optician if it persists in case it's from an optic nerve.

Did you get this once you started Humira? Or is it something more recent? Yeah, I will next time, because this started the same week I started LDN. Thank you! :)

theOcean

Did you get this once you started Humira? Or is it something more recent? Yeah, I will next time, because this started the same week I started LDN. Thank you! :)
No, I've had it even before I went on any medications, which is part of the reason why I think it's not related! I think in my case it might just be a symptom of low blood pressure.

Keep an eye on things and maybe just let your GP know. They would probably be able to have a few good guesses for as to what it could be, and can probably recommend tests if it concerns you. :)