• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Low dose naltrexone is working for me.

Good Day all,

I have been on and off Low dose Naltrexone over the last year, but I never stuck with it due to start up side effects.

This time around, Ive pushed through, and those side effects has completely disappeared. Ive been on it, daily, for about 3 months now and its been a night and day difference. I take 4.5 mg before bed. I believe I may have had rough start up side effects because I started directly at the 4.5mg dose and didnt work up to it.

But now that ive been on this dose for a few months, my symptoms are also non existent. I still have some minor issues, but doing way way better.

Doctor is happy and wants me to stay on it for a while longer.

I just wanted to share. I know it works for some people and not others, but maybe my experience could be on interest to others.

Thanks!

Hi! Is the LDN working still for you? Any confirmation from labs since? Also, how did you get it prescribed. Our GI doc won't do it. Thanks

Good Day all,

I have been on and off Low dose Naltrexone over the last year, but I never stuck with it due to start up side effects.

This time around, Ive pushed through, and those side effects has completely disappeared. Ive been on it, daily, for about 3 months now and its been a night and day difference. I take 4.5 mg before bed. I believe I may have had rough start up side effects because I started directly at the 4.5mg dose and didnt work up to it.

But now that ive been on this dose for a few months, my symptoms are also non existent. I still have some minor issues, but doing way way better.

Doctor is happy and wants me to stay on it for a while longer.

I just wanted to share. I know it works for some people and not others, but maybe my experience could be on interest to others.

Thanks!