• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Microscopic colitis

microscopic colitis

Hi all,
I had a colonoscopy a few days ago and they did a bunch of biopsies to check for "microscopic colitis" at least thats what it says in the discharge paperwork. Does anyone have this or know if it is somehow related to crohns?

I think that this is what David (our tech guy) has. It falls under the IBD umbrella, which includes Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis too. So it's like a sister disease to Crohn's.

At the begining of this year, which set everything off, I was diagnosed with colitis. I dont know if they are related. However, since that episode I have been flaring since and its been the worst for me it has ever been. I was on A LOT of antibiotics and spent 10 days in the hospital.

David

Co-Founder
Yep, I was diagnosed with Lymphocytic Colitis which is a form of microscopic colitis. It sucks, but it's certainly not the end of the world and if you're going to have a form of IBD (Crohn's is a form of IBD, as is Ulcerative Colitis), it seems to be a bit less harsh than some of the others. Of course, severity of symptoms varies from person to person. Good luck with your test results :)