• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Modulen

I have never tried Modulen, but I was on tube feedings with a different food replacement.

Completely quitting food was very hard for me. Every now and then I did cheat and eat when I shouldn't have.

Before I went on it I was malnourished and underweight, by the time I was done I was well nourished and a bit plump :)
In the end I was taken off of it. While I was healthier in some ways, my Crohn's was still active.

Kev

Well, the website is based in the UK, anyone know if this is available from Nestle in north america? secondly, it's pretty hi in fat content 25%.. that's about 5 times the level I try to stay under each day. I can understand someone plumping up on this stuff. not sure what it would do if there's g/b or pancreas IBD involvement. I also point out (finally) that they claim it's clinically proven to give IBD remission. I'm a bit leery of companies making these claims.

I once asked my doctor about it and he didn't recommned it as it contained milk protein Casein which is hard to digest; it also has lots of sugar which is not particularly good for GI health ..... but I guess that's his opinion....

Last edited:

Kev

Actually, his opinion makes sense. He doesn't stand to profit or lose by either a pro or con stance. Whereas, the 'clinical' studies of Nestle were probably paid for by 'Nestle'... hmmm, does that sound like a possible conflict of interest there???

Well, it turns out that the stuff isn't particularly useful in large bowel Crohn's so I'm just on a low residue diet at the moment. Looks like I'll probably have to have surgery in the near future. I'll be speaking to a surgeon next month.

I got a free trial at one point to try but when I looked at the stuff I didn't take it. I figured anything made my nestle couldn't possibly help me in my health.