• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My boyfriend has Crohn's, how can I help?

Hi,everyone.I'm Brad.I am gay.My boy friend was diagnosed with Crohn's.I am new to this situation.I want to know more about this disease and know more about you guys about this group.BTW I'm Chinese,hope you guys can live with my kind of english.

Hello Brad , you have come to the right place for help and advice.

Have you been with your boyfriend for very long before he was diagnosed? It can be a worrying time for everyone when you are first ill and you don't know what is wrong. Has he been put on any medications or a treatment plan ?

Don't worry about your English it seems fine to me and alot better than my Chinese :)

Yes,he takes pills.He told me he's been taking regular checks in clinics,like once two weeks.Actually we are in a long distance relationship,and it hasn't been for long,I will be moving to his city in 4 months.He hasn't been involved with anyone before.And my persuing seemed to mess his guts.It seemed to get worse.And when he told me he can barely eat anything but soup,I got really worried.I really want to know how I can take care of him,like what's the proper foods,and exersise maybe?just simple tips to make him feel better.

nogutsnoglory

Hi Brad welcome and it's always nice to hear from others who are supporting their significant others with this disease.

Do you know what pills he takes? You said you think your pursuing him made his disease worse? Do you mean he is stressed to be dating or how so? I think relationships make my disease better because its one less stresser.

Long distance relationship grand! Best way to help him if he cant eat anything but soup which is not a good sign possible blockage tell him to go to doctor. Tell him to join this forum then all the answers are here.

nogutsnoglory

Hi Brad, how are you holding up? From other posts it sounded like you were under a lot of stress with your bf. He seemed to be pulling back from you due to feeling sick and depressed about it. Are things better now? It might also be better when you move to the states. Long distance can be a real added challenge.

thank you guys.Things are really stirring my mind these days.This ldr thing,breaking up talk,my graduation design and his avoiding me all together made me tired.I think I'll just back off for now and care for myself.maybe in a year or two I'll get over this and start over new.Guess he will never know how much I need him now.