• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My friend

my friend

So I recently joined a crohns support group, we meet every other Sunday. We mostly just hang out, some times not even talking about crohns, I love it. As of late I have made a new friend from this group. She was telling me that she planned on doing shrooms. I didn't think that it was a great idea but she said that she knows it isn't good for her general health but that it wont make her crohns symptoms any worse. I wasn't so sure about this but I didn't have any hard facts to back me up. So if some one can tell me any thing they know on this subject: weather shrooms will worsen crohns symptoms and if so how? Or if it doesn't make any difference at all.

Magic Mushroom's Effects
Both types of mushroom give you a trip. Trips can be good or bad. A good trip can be a lot of fun. A bad trip is your worst nightmare come to life. Any sort of trip can have quite random and sometimes very frightening effects. Trips feed off a person's imagination. One person can spend six hours in a very happy place while someone else who's taken the same mushrooms can spend six hours lost in their own fears and paranoia.

How the trip goes has everything to do with who you are, how you're feeling and how comfortable you are with the people you are with. The effects for both mushrooms can take between 30 minutes to two hours to happen. The strongest part of the trip takes 4-10 hours and the after-effects usually last a further 2-6 hours. The more you take, the longer your trip could last.

- Both mushrooms can distort colour, sound and objects.
- Both mushrooms can speed up and slow down time and movement.
- Both mushrooms can make you feel more emotionally sensitive. Some people feel more creative and enlightened.
- Amanita's can give you the sort of out of body experience that makes you feel like you're dreaming when you're awake.
- Amanita's can give you synesthesia which allows you to smell words and taste colours.
- Bad trips are seriously frightening and unsettling. And you can't tell whether you're going to have a bad trip or a good trip (although there are things you can do to try and avoid a bad trip).
- You're not in complete control of what you're doing. Your perception of your body and the world around you can be distorted.
- Both mushrooms can make you feel sick, tired and disoriented.
- Amanita's can make you nervous, twitchy and cold.
- Amanita's can make make you feel so withdrawn inside your own head that you can't hold a sensible conversation.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

***you can google for more info:

then dont forget to factor in her weight, medication she is taking, etc.
Ultimately the decision is up to her. If she does decide to do them, I hope she is with someone safe in case she has a bad trip (and someone who is not eating/drinking them). On a lot of occasions, people need immediate medical care to reverse the effects if it is a bad trip... consider the fact that if she does need care, they will likely red flag her chart -- and how will this effect her care in the future when she needs pain meds?

Google Magic mushrooms and Crohn's - this is one discussion thread I found:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6255758

you could also google the different names for shrooms and cross search that with Crohns.
Keep in mind mushrooms are a form of LSD and take a very long time to get out of ones system.

one last thing, Crohn's can affect your liver. My brother has severe crohns and is on the wait list for a liver transplant. Your liver processes your blood and filters everything that is put in to it. Something else to consider....
Good luck!

Last edited: