• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Kids again.....

D

Donna

Ok, I know eventually you guys will get sick of hearing about my kids...but this is making me feel really sad.

First, I have Crohn's, but we already knew that. I am also heavy. Big heavy, thank you so much prednisone.

My daughter is in 2nd grade and her last day of school is thursday. On this day they have a field day, where they play games all day and have a good time. She brought home a paper asking parents to come along and help out. She handed me all of her school papers, holding onto this one. When I asked her what it was, she said that she didn't think I wanted it because I probably couldn't make it because I am always "sick".

I read the paper, and said I sure will go and help out!!! The look on her face was like a kid at Christmas. I haven't been able to make alot of her school things, nor can I make it to the PTO stuff either. And she knows this and knows how bad it makes me feel that I don't go.

The sad part was that she asked if I could stay home once I already sent in the paper to do it. When I asked her why, I thought it would be because of my weight. We all know how mean kids can be. Her answer brought me to tears. She said she was afraid I would have to go potty and not make it. She didn't want to embarrass herself, I thought, since who wants a mommy who poops her pants??? Nope. Not the case. She didn't want ME to be embarrassed. She didn't care what the kids thought about me...she just didn't want me to get upset!!!!! Needless to say, I will eat a whole bottle of immodium if I have to just to go for her sake. One good thing, many of the kids already know me, and they love me cuz I am funny and fun to be around. That is in her favor for the weight thing. I am one of those "cool moms". Who cares if I am not as potty trained as my 2 y/o son??!

There are some days when I could just send her into next week. But then she makes comments like these, and puts it all in the back of my mind and warms my heart. She is my lil angel from Heaven, and God is telling me He loves me thru her every day.

Just wanted to share. I doubt there will be any stories like that about my son until he is older. It isn't like pooping in the front yard in front of the mailman is angelic. lmao :pale:

Donna

Donna

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
:sign0085: Is here Donna !!

Just look at the special AIRLINE TICKET that I have for you. It will help you relax come to visit me w/ your FREE PASS & come & enjoy the relax & comfort of my GUEST ROOM & enjoy CROHNNIE FREE FOOD {:lol:} then sit back & enjoy the NEW DECK w/ BABY KITTENS running at your feet. So, how does all of that sound ?

Then ... if it sounds like a trip for you ? Let me know ok ?

Hugs & Prayers ...
Karen

D

Donna

Awwwwee that is soo sweet!! If I could come out I would!!! I will keep the offer open if that's ok!!!

Love ya!