• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New arrival

Hello

A bit of an update from me, on the 11th may at 10:05 I had my little girl weighing 7lb 15oz. She is so beautiful I can't take my eyes of her but need to stop to try and rest lol. We had to stay in hospital for a few days as her blood sugar was very low and she wasn't able to maintain it at first. She had some antibiotics and was put on a feeding protocol for low boood sugar and that made her better.

I had a c section which started out fine but not long after they started I began to feel pain not just the discomfort they said I would, I managed to avoid being put under general by having gas and air and some morphine. I'm recovering really well and scar is healing nicely so hopefully won't be long until I am back to normal. Crohn's seems to be still the same as it has been throughout pregnancy and before which is still there but it's manageable. I'm contacting my consultants once I have the all clear from the midwives about my scar healing about starting up cimzia again but at the moment I feel like I don't want to start it again as I feel well enough without it, I am just going to see how it all goes.

Congrats on your new bundle of joy! Glad to hear things are going pretty good, hoping it stays that way for you :D

DustyKat

Super Moderator
This is so fab to read KayleighMeek! :dusty::dusty::dusty:

I hope all continues to go well for little one, bless her. :heart: And your recovery is a speedy one. Good luck and well done! :ghug:

Dusty. xxx