• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Oh my Mom......

My mom met yet another IBD patient who cured themselves of CD with just a few changes to their diet!! Did I ever think of that she asked!?! Why no I said- spending thousands in medication and being sick are where its at for me!!! I love dragging myself out of bed everyday to go stand on me feet for 8 hours a day and feel as bad as I possibly can. :dusty: Evidently- to cure this disease is very easy.

Oh I wish I had the nerve to just walk away from the people in my life who judge be about something they know NOTHING about.

Lauren

my little penguin

Staff member
Big hugs
Please read this
http://saidsupport.org/he-has-what/

Some people don't really know what to say or do
And express themselves poorly
They just want to help but don't really know how or understand anything your going through

Ds grandparents and realities used to suggest xyz could fix him since it helped someone's cousin's brothers aunts pizza guy .

Fight the good fight
I just tell them that's interesting but I will listen to his doc
On xyz. And leave it at that
No one ( not even grandma would suggest that you don't listen to your doc )
No argument that way ;)

I have the delight of my sister constantly telling me that if I followed a vegan diet then all my problems would be gone. She thinks that because she does it we all should. She keeps finding articles and videos about people who have been 'cured' and sends them to me.

I'm overweight because I'm lazy even though walking more than a mile hurts my hips so back and my knees that I've almost cried. But sure, eating just plants will make me better! So frustrating 😤

EvieBaby-

Boy, do i understand! My husband made Chili and a pot of homemade soup on sunday. I worked all day on my feet with no breaks, Working retail is not easy job its a very physical job! Anyway, he wanted me to clean the kitchen! My husband needed to use no more than
two pots yet he is the messiest cook. I didn't allow him to make me feel bad or bully me into not doing it.

I am taking control of my disease from np on and not just treating my symptoms!

Good luck with your situation, ever need to vent? Let me know!!

Lauren

Sooooo totally understand this...my mom has recommended that I put an onion next to my bed to "absorb" the disease. WHAT?! When I was first diagnosed I told more people and my mom told even more people than I wish we had, because now I get emails about cures. People like to think they can "fix" you. Then people say that those individuals have good intentions, but in reality they are narcissists who just want to appease a certain need to protect their own well-being...
There's a whole branch of sociology dedicated to the study of the ill person.. "Medical sociology". It's a good read if you're into it.

My husband is in a bit of a pissy mood.

Finally had another long talk wth my Dr and went back on disability on Monday. He (husband) says he doest mind, thats awfully sweet of him!, as long as all the bills I am required to pay are paid on time.

At this point he can walk out the door for all I care. I do the best I can, his point of view is more from a religious standpoint. If I prayed harder and believed more- bad things wouldn't happen to me. Whatever!

I will look up your suggestion and reddit.

thank you

Lauren

scottsma

I'm speechless !!! which is unknown for me.
Much as I would like to,I'm not going to get into an argument about religion and other peoples unsupportive husbands.(and families)
I'm extremely lucky and thankful for my husband, and not being religious,I'm unable to "blame" my crohns on God,and nor do I expect him to make me well.There are countless millions of sick people,asking God for help,and there are also countless millions of unbelievers who are fit and well. Tots,we're all here for you.Hugs.

Lauren,
My mom is very religious and once told me that Crohns was a punishment from Satan.
She also comforted me with that when I had nightmares as a child. People can be really insensitive ( to say the least).
Hang in there. It sounds like it's a very difficult time for you.
Whenever my fiancé is short or rude to me I try to empathize with him. ( Sometimes it's just because he's being a grouch and inconsiderate)

Hopefully you can find some peace and resolution.

thanks for all your kind words.

I am back on disability, so no work for awhile. I think that alone will help. I need to make myself a priority and I have not done a great job doing that. I think if I can rest more, take care of myself when I have an episode, things will be better for me.

I dont know what the future holds for me and CD, but, if I am not out on the sales floor and having horrible cramping leading to diarrhea, its gotta be a step in the right direction!

I know things will turn around, the always do!!

Thanks again, this place is a life save at times!

Lauren