• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Oil on foods ?????????????????

• Thread starter devildee(donna2005)LOL
  • Start date
D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

oil on foods ?????????????????

Hi All

went to frankie n bennies last nite for a meal had a lovely starter then i had spaghetti with meat balls in a ragu sauce it was drizzle with there special oil!!!
when i got home i was sick but it was watery and loads of oil floatimg on the water (soz about the detail lol) after it came up i was fine :p

has any 1 else have this problem as i dont cook with any oils at home or use the drizzle oils on salad i didnt know it would make me sick :p

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Donna, sorry you were sick. For myself I have never had that problem with oils. I think there may have just been to much, and your tummy just couldnt take it. Glad to hear your feeling better today.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I really have not had that problem before either. I know I have used oil on salads before with no bad results. I would just guess that it was too much, or that maybe there were some spices also that did not take well with your system. I know for me any spice can cause problems.

Greasy foods have that effect on me.
Although I use olive oil on everything with no ill effect.
Glad to hear your A-OK :thumright:

K

Kate

i use olive oil all the time to cook with but never alone on slads yet no bad effects as of yet i think it could have been the spices for you maybe

D

DannyB

I love my veggie oil thats for sure, if I didn't have my deep fat fryer I think I would end up in McDonalds every day!!

Look at me now.......

Any of you lovely ladies facy a piece of me??? eh eh don't flood my emails all at once now muhahahaha

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

DannyB said:
I love my veggie oil thats for sure, if I didn't have my deep fat fryer I think I would end up in McDonalds every day!!

Look at me now.......

Any of you lovely ladies facy a piece of me??? eh eh don't flood my emails all at once now muhahahaha
lol Danny hehe for some reason my emails wont send :lol:

D

DannyB

Just for you Donna since you were interested in a piece of the Danny lovin muhahaha.

D

DannyB

gotta love the humour on here, it keeps me going thats for sure, for you my lovely.

D

Donna

Mannnn would you two get a room already??!!!!! Geeeshhh......I think there is another site for that....lmao

And Donna, I have that problem whenever I eat anything with too much oil or if it is greasy. I love italian dressing, but can't eat it anymore.

J

jlbastian

Oil definitely has a huge effect on me. I cannot eat Olive oil at all, and things that are deep fried (mostly fast food and potato chips that aren't baked) make my system very unhappy.

Sorry you were sick!

Kev

devildee... One of the common causes for people who can't tolerate oily or greasy food is the gall bladder. Usually its associated with stones, blocking the bile ducts. However, as I dig ever deeper into Crohns/Colitis/IBD, etc., there appears to be any number of people who developed inflamation of the bile ducts from these diseases. I haven't had a chance to talk this over with my GI yet (I had my gall bladder removed because of stones, tho they never found them) but you should talk this over with your GI at the earliest opportunity. The fact that you rarely cook with oil at home may have prevented this to flare before, but the fact that it did may be indicating a possible area that your doctor should be made aware of, in case they wish to put you on a diet, or do further testing. Inflamation of the bile ducts can lead to other complications... pancreatitis, pancreatic cysts, liver involvement, none of them nice!
I don't mean to alarm you, just wanted you to get a heads up that this is one of the possible complications of IBD, or the warning signs of stones, pancreatitis, etc., etc.. It's not something to put off and forget about.

Try to use Omega 3 polyunsaturated oils (fish oil, flax oil) and monounsaturated oils like olive oil, if you can handle them. They are very anti-inflammtory

On the other hand skip all Omega 6 polyunsaturated oils (Corn, Safflower,...) as they are very inflammatory. Also avoid hydrogenated oil in processed foods.

J

Janet

DannyB said:

Look at me now.......

Rip me off a piece of that ;)